Saturday, July 31, 2010

What's a Blog?

To: Tryon for Her Runner’s Group

What is a blog? I didn’t know so I “googled” it. This is what Wikipedia defines as a blog;

A blog (a portmanteau of the term "web log") is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.”

Don’t be expecting any graphics or video!

I realize that I should know what a blog is, but I don’t. I, like Cheri, am only familiar with what a blog is based upon what I’ve seen in the movie “Julie and Julia”. Be reassured I have no delusions of grander that I will get a book deal or become famous from this blog. However, if this were to happen I would not be above such an opportunity. The reality, or my fear is that no one from Runners Club is even going to read this blog.

So as I begin this, blogging, as the kids like to say, I hope that I will not disappoint or bore you to death. Please know that I do not see myself as any sort of expert, experienced runner, or even qualified to pursue this blog. Simply, my friend Cheri was desperately looking for some other person, aka sucker, to takeover this responsibility. I guess I’m said sucker.

Please give me your input. My intent for this blog is to represent all of my Runners Club friends and the journey to our 5k. This blog belongs to ALL of us, so HELP HELP please!!

From: The sucker in the group

P.S. As of December 2007, blog search engine Technorati was tracking more than 112,000,000 blogs. I’m sure this one will stand out! Haha

3 comments:

  1. Woot Woot Runner's Club Blog!!! This some amazing writing...it's almost like I wrote it myself : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea! A blog about your experience as a member of Tryon Gym's Beginning Runner's Club!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarassed that your dog beats me. :-)

    Without expensive watches and gadgets, what is a good way to pace yourself? I usually start out too fast.

    I have NikePlus for my iPod and I can set a goal time. If I set it for 30 minutes, it will alert me after every 5 minutes. For the last five minutes it alerts me after every minute. BUT it doesn't help me pace. Any suggestions?

    P.S. Cheri owes you big time! :-)

    ReplyDelete